Thursday 14 May 2009

Progress Report

3 Minutes
Problem/Audience


I had to create a poster using pure typography and only 1 sheet of A1 paper to represent something that happens in 3 minutes. I also had to find a way to package it. It needed to be impressive to people in the industry. The target audience are future employers.

Concept and rationale

The focus of my project is speed dating as the individual dates last 3 minutes. However there were not any events happening in Leeds. I still liked the idea so I decided to do an interpretation of the speed dating scene in the 40 year old virgin. The low point of each 3 minute date is recorded via a quote.

Product/Context
I will produce a single A1 poster and on the back will be will a simple print so that I can fold it up to package it.


Process? Production

It will be produced as a digital print in the dungeon.

Timescale/deadlines
I need to review the timescales. I originally wanted this to just last a couple of days but it has turned into a 5 day long project. It is pretty much finished now though apart from printing it out.

Faber & Faber
Problem/Audience

I need to produce a system for the Faber Film range’s book covers that can be reproduced by a printer and is typography based. The audience are film lovers and people who work in the film business.

Concept and rationalé
I have used colour and symbols to establish the system. This is to differentiate between the categories of books available and also publicise the other books they can buy.

Product/Context
I am going to produce 6 book cover designs – 1 for each category of book. I will photograph these stuck onto actual books and then placed in a bookshop.

Process? Production
These will be printed digitally.

Timescale/deadlines
I need to review the timescales as this one week project has turned into 2 weeks. They are pretty much finished apart from the type on the front cover and actually printing and photographing them.

10 Things…
Problem/Audience

I need to create a booklet and two covers for subject areas within my chosen category, which is gardening. It needs to be fun and appeal to younger people.

Concept and rationalé
I am going to create a booklet that helps with growing your own vegetables. This would appeal more because the end product is something you can eat rather than just look at. I am going to include some illustrations and photographs. There will diagrams on what to do and a pack of seeds to help them get started. The type will be sans-serif and the colours bright.

Product/Context
I have to make a booklet and a stand for people to take them from. I will photograph it in a gardening centre.

Process? Production
These will be printed digitally. I will possibly bind them but at the moment because I would rather do little booklets, I will probably just staple bind them.

Timescale/deadlines
I decided to scrap my 4th brief – Wagamama – because this brief really interests me and I want more layout work in my portfolio. This brief was supposed to be 3 weeks long, but will have to run from now until the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment